Thursday, June 12, 2008

the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind


I went to FATS (Fat Annie's Truck Stop) last night before heading over to the WAMU theater at MSG to see Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. The service and food was good, especially the Texas Tornado Tots (tater tots topped w/ bacon, cheese, pickled jalapeƱos, scallions & ranch).

But I'm not here to talk about the food or even the concert. Instead, I want to recognize the hand-drying mechanism FATS has in the bathroom. Usually restaurants provide cheap paper towels to dry off with. Some restaurants still use the rolling towel dispenser that make your hands dirtier and wetter than Tila Tequila.

For a bunch of years now, restaurants have been using the automatic hand-dryer to save trees, promote cleanliness, and to save a few bucks. Everywhere I went I was running into the hand-dryer and it annoyed me. I always had a major beef with the automatic hand-dryer because it never got the job done properly. I mean, how long can you stand there, with all that noise, next to strange dudes in the bathroom? Every time I would walk out with my ears ringing and my hands wet...

Well, I'm happy to report that FATS has an automatic hand-dryer that was top notch. It was powerful, quiet, and got the job down in 5 seconds. I was so surprised that I contemplated washing my hands again just so I can dry 'em again. I was blown away, no pun intended.

No comments: